Hello. I’m David Baker. In November 2005 I started milouvision.
Engaged by the challenge to construct new and inventive interpretations, I look to the ever-changing possibilities of shore, sea and land. In 2017, having spent all my life on the south coast, I moved to rural north east Aberdeenshire.
- Common Ground: An examination of Southampton Common with an Arts Council funded exhibition in the Southampton City Art Gallery from 2 December 2017 to 7 April 2018
- Ridge Trees: This concentrates on a specific area of the New Forest, Hampshire
- Sea Fever: We are frequently drawn to the flow of the sea and the ever changing landscape of shore, sea and sky
- Sea Observation: Exploring waves, wind, tide and time
- Scottish Sea Squares: South Uist, Eriskay, Berneray and Tiree with divisions for horizon, rock and wave
- Under the hill, Across the Ford: In late January 2017 there was a move to rural Aberdeenshire and during these past years, I’ve documented a mile or so radius from home
- Enclosure: A direct response to Kim Jungman’s book Can You Hear The Wind Blow?
- March Days & January Days: An exploration of the Sands of Forvie, Aberdeenshire
The projects can be seen at www.dbphotographic.com.
I have had five books published each dealing with a project: ‘Sea Fever’, ‘Ridge Trees’, ‘Common Ground’, ‘March Days’ and ‘Lime’.
I have exhibited over 20 times in a sole and collaborative capacity principally showing project work including at the Royal Scottish Academy Open Exhibition, the Society of Scottish Artists at the RSA, the Royal Glasgow Institute of the Fine Arts and in 2016 and 2021 at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. In 2018, I had an Arts Council funded solo exhibition – Common Ground – at the Southampton City Art Gallery.
Contact: david (at) milouvision.com
Trevillion | Arcangel
SSA | Art Limited